Prophylaxis represents the prevention of dental affections and of their existing complications.
Early detection is the key, to avoid complicated and expensive treatments. The main dental affections, caries and periodontitis, are characterized with few symptoms in their early stages. The patient cannot notice on his own and in due time, the apparition of dental affections or their seriousness. Because of this, it is important to make regular visits to the dentist, in order to take action during the very first stages of the various existing dental affections and to prevent the appearance of others.
Our clinic covers the following oral prophylaxis services:
- guidance on oral hygiene (brushing techniques, the use of dental floss, the use of inter-dental brushes);
- detection of bacterial plaque through the use of plaque disclosing tablets;
- tray-based local fluoridation;
- sealing the pits and fissures on the mastication tooth areas;
- ultrasound scaling (prophy jet) and professional brushing.